Just about every blog I look at has a list of some sort. Lists to make you happier, healthier, sexier, smarter, pain free, pimple free, lists of what to acquire, what will inspire, lists of what will shake us, make us, break us, the best of, the worst of, what to watch, what to eat, where to live, and where to die – yup, lots of lists on that.
Well, I’m a blogger, so here’s my list – for no good reason or purpose, a list of things I like and things you should like, too. It should be noted that there are many other things I like not mentioned here, and that this list is in no particular order–with the exception of pot at #1.
1) Pot – I don’t care if you tried it years ago and didn’t like it – try it again. Every person in every nursing home in America should be smoking pot. The only way to age.
2) Comedy – watch something funny every day. A movie, a sit-com, a stupid dog video, a stupid guy video, whatever. Laugh.
3) Girlfriends – get ‘em and keep ‘em.
4) Pizza – you can never go wrong with bread, tomato and cheese. Never.
5) Shopping – retail therapy is always a cure for something. Fuck buyers remorse – regret is not born in the mall.
6) Nature – plants, trees, mountains, lakes, rivers, streams, oceans, birds, beasts, all good (except snakes).
7) Dogs – the best that nature has to offer.
8) Sleep – good luck with that. A lofty and elusive pleasure.
9) Dancing – just dance.
10) Poetry – sweet or sour, tragic or euphoric, a window into ourselves and others.
11) Football – everything is better when it’s football season. Go Ravens.
12) My children – and you would like them, too, if you knew them. My world encapsulated in two bodies.
photo credit: sonquioey10.hubpages.com
note: while searching for an illustration for this post, under the heading of “making a list,” Taylor Swift showed up a lot– obviously at the top of many “lists.” Ew. Where’s Brad Pitt, for cryin’ out loud?
13) Brad Pitt.